- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin (about 4 envelopes*)
- 3/4 cups cold water
- 1 1/8 cups boiling water
- 3 cups sugar, plus extra for coating
- 1 tsp lecithin
- Flavor Extract or flavored oi
- Food coloring
Directions For Your Product
- Measure out the gelatin in tablespoons, as it may be more than 4 envelopes. If you have a partial pack at 3 tablespoons, just add all of the partial pack.
- Prepare an 8-x-8-inch pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin evenly over the cold water in a 3-quart pot. Let sit for 5 minutes, then add the boiling water and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in sugar and lecithin
- Add color and flavor
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and gently simmer for 25 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat. Add your product.
- Pour your mixture into prepared pan.
- Cover with plastic and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Lift plastic from pan.
- Turn candy onto a cutting board that’s been sprinkled with sugar. Coat a sharp knife with cooking spray, then cut candy into cubes. Roll in sugar.
- Leave candies on parchment, foil, or waxed paper at room temperature for one to two days to allow the outside to crystallize. Store in an airtight container in fridge.
And don’t worry, we hate spam too! You can unsubscribe at anytime.